Faster R&D processes owing to online collaboration, direct market access thanks to patient engagement, exact proof of efficacy with the help of digital biomarkers, end-to-end logistics monitoring courtesy of blockchain… these are just a few of the infinite number of advantages and opportunities digital transformation and digitalization presents companies in the life sciences industry.
The same thing that opens up new opportunities for players in the healthcare industry – pharma companies, medical device manufacturers, hospitals and insurance providers alike – attracts new participants to the market. They enter existing and new markets with innovative products and services, challenging the established life sciences industry, which in turn responds with newly aligned business models and services developed and optimized based on experience with patients.
No matter where you’re at today: You determine how fast and to what extent your company takes advantage of digital transformation. With ARCONDIS, you have the right companion at your side.
How new technologies are transforming the industry
The healthcare industry has long been in a constant state of flux. Patients and market players today are already benefiting from the innovative use of new technologies and data-based business models, as the following practical examples of digitalization in life sciences and healthcare show:
- Patient Point of Care
- Mobile Sensors & Health Apps
- Digital Biomarkers
- Patient Remote Monitoring
- Prevention & Early Detection
- Virtual Nursing
- Robotics in Surgery
- Neural Networks to predict pharmacological activity
- Virtual Assistance (Chatbots)
- Smart Logistics
- Precision Medicine
- Real World Evidence & Data
- Semantic Web
- Digital Data Pools
- Secure Supply Chain
- Patient-owned Public Health Data
- Outcome-based Reimbursement Models
- Rare Disease Cohort Studies
- Smart Manufacturing
- Patient-specific Devices
- Digital Twins
- Personalized Manufacturing
- Electronic Health Records
- Connected Healthcare Eco-System
- Social Network-based Research
- Collaborative Digital Workplaces
Digital transformation is establishing uniform standards, interfaces and a clear data basis, helping to network healthcare and the life sciences. Despite all the efforts required for coordination and integration, reassessing GxP compliance and data privacy, the result is clearly a win-win-win situation: Direct access to patients ensures transparency and clarity for industry and healthcare service providers, while patients benefit from more individual, effective treatments.
ARCONDIS convinces life sciences and healthcare companies not only as a strategic consultant or experienced partner in implementation, but also thanks to the company’s proven specialization in the life sciences industry. We will clarify whether a digital solution is considered “software as a medical device”, thus falling under the medical device law or a product requires official approval, what GxP requirements have to be met or how the processes for post-market surveillancecan be implemented pragmatically and fully compliant.
With over 18 years of experience in life sciences consultancy, we are exclusively specialized in the industry’s requirements. A great number of successful projects and satisfied customers are proof: ARCONDIS transforms a combination of business process know-how and technology expertise into modern, agile solutions. This mix is a crucial success factor when it comes to digital transformation, which is why solutions developed by ARCONDIS stand the test in everyday applications.
Our industry-specific approach joins the possibilities afforded by new technologies with the latest healthcare trends. By employing innovative methods, such as design thinking, our customers not only benefit from fast development cycles, but also from our consistent focus on an excellent customer journey. It goes without saying that we take legal and regulatory requirements into consideration right from the start.
ARCONDIS process model for digital transformation and digitalization
Exclusively tailored for and with the life sciences and healthcare sectors, our solutions for digital transformation range from creating a digital strategy and roadmaps, to concrete implementation in prototyping, to final roll-out. ARCONDIS – one partner for all your tasks:
Digital Strategy – Development of a company-specific digital strategy, including a concrete roadmap for implementation
- Digital Business Models – Digital technologies used to establish new or improve existing services and products, or to create new customer experiences
- Digitalization of business processes – Streamlining of important business processes, introduction of new approaches and methods with new technologies
Find out more about our process model:
- Analyze business strategy and identify key drivers
- Define strengths and weaknesses in the competitive environment
- Identify and decide on strategic key action areas related to digitalization
- Agree on key elements of digital strategy
- Identify relevant case studies to target competitive advantages
- Align digital trends with target strategy
- Identify digital opportunities, e.g. by using the collective mind of cross-functional teams
- Review opportunities with Key Opinion Leaders
- Prioritize opportunities based on conclusive scoring model
- Develop digital roadmap
- Define proof of concept for pilot
- Evaluate & onboard technology partners
- Refine customer journey
- Finalize design specs for minimum viable product
- Assess regulatory impacts (GxP, Software as Medical Device, etc.)
- Develop prototype with cross-functional sprint team
- Validation by experiment
- Obtain regulatory pre-approvals for pilot, if required
- Go-live with a small set of users
- Observe user interaction & KOL engagement
- Adust & optimize the solution acc. to user experience feedback
- Define case for roll-out
- Roll-out planning
- Adapt to regional requirements
- Design global support model
- Obtain approval of regulators, if required
- Set up market surveillance
- Roll-out along with organizational change management activities
- Intensive Early Life Support
- Social Media Monitoring, if applicable, to maximize user engagement
- Monitor value creation and feedback for digital roadmap
Have we aroused your curiosity? Contact us directly!
Did you know?
As an expert for digital transformation in GxP-regulated industry, ARCONDIS, together with the digitalswitzerland initiative, is committed to establishing the perfect conditions for a digital Switzerland with a functioning eco system among the life sciences, healthcare, politics, research, and education.